Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. (HARI) unveils its latest modern PUV model, the HD48 GT Modern PUV. Hyundai Philippines, newest modernized PUV model is based on the Hyundai HD 40s light-duty truck platform.
The HD48 stands on a quality chassis platform wrapped in a stout PUV design that has been built with Filipino craftsmanship. The latest addition to Hyundai’s offering of mass transport models features power, flexibility, and performance that promises dependable value.
This year, HARI sold over 100 units of its Modern PUVs to a diverse roster of transport cooperatives nationwide, providing modernized mass mobility in Ilocos Norte, Pangasinan, Tarlac, Cavite, Bulacan, and Tacloban to name a few. In the first eight months of 2021, sales of Hyundai’s Modern PUVs already jumped 632% compared to the same period in 2020, cornering 11% market share in the CAT III (3T-6T) category. The new HD48 GT Modern PUV is expected to further push Hyundai’s PUV success.
The chassis framework of the HD48 GT Modern PUV is built with Hyundai’s high-tensile steel, which affords it a lightweight structure that is flexible enough to withstand the twists and turns of punishing drives.
The new Hyundai modern PUV model features a more appealing exterior design courtesy of the trusted body-building partner, Centro. Assuring that the HD48 was design conforming to the guidelines of the PUV modernization program, just this October, the HD48 GT Modern PUV has been duly certified as compliant by the Philippine National Standards (PNS) for shape, size, dimensions, and other stringent specifications, ensuring safety, comfort, and reliability.
Ensuring peace of mind, the new Hyundai mass transport model comes with a three-year warranty, or equivalent to 100,000 kilometers, whichever comes first.
Powering the HD48 GT is a 2.9-liter turbocharged intercooler direct injection Euro 4 diesel engine that is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. This powertrain and drivetrain combo is rated to output 160 ps and 392 Nm torque.
Boasting ample passenger space, the HD48 GT Modern PUV has room for up to 22 people (plus driver) and provision for eight to ten standing passengers.
Seven accessories for passenger convenience and safety: the Automated Fare Collection System (AFCS), CCTV, GPS tracker, 7-inch monitor, LED signage, wi-fi module, and programmable speed warning buzzer to keep the vehicle cruising safely on the road.
Plus eight key enhancements to amplify the quality of this energetic people mover:
- The redesigned side mirror bracket promotes better visibility, giving the driver an unobstructed view of the side mirror, especially when it is raining.
- Grab handles and rear stanchion have been added for handrail stability, which is a plus for standing passengers.
- Clear headlights and taillights sport more functional yet elegant designs, which contribute to better road visibility.
- The front panel not only conveys the HD48 GT Modern PUV’s strength of character, but also provides easy access to the wiper motor for fuss-free maintenance.
- A roof drip feature prevents overflow of rainwater at the sliding windows.
- The chute access for daily inspection on radiator reservoir, engine oil level and fuel filter also functions as a toolbox.
- A redesigned fuel door opens and closes safely for worry-free refueling. Sliding windows bring in fresh air to maintain equal distribution of air in the vehicle.
- the HD48 GT Modern PUV is equipped with Load-sensing Proportional Valve (LSPV) and Auto adjuster that adapt braking force depending on vehicle load for reassuring braking performance.
The double walling and insulation lessen noise and provide better heat insulation, while the high-cooling capacity from the roof-mounted air-conditioning system come together to make for cool and comfortable riding experience. For easier passenger access, the HD48 GT Modern PUV comes with an electric door.