Presidential Support brings renewed energy for CAVITEX projects


0

Big things are happening for the Cavitex Expressway (CAVITEX)! The completion of its two connector roads is on track, thanks to a boost from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. He recently showed his support by leading the groundbreaking and inauguration of three CAVITEX links in different locations in just one day.

“The President’s support has given us all the energy we need to finish these projects on time. We’re leaving no stone unturned to get the job done,” said Raul L. Ignacio, President of CAVITEX Infrastructure Corporation, a part of Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation (MPTC) under the MVP Group.

President Marcos referred to last week’s actions as “the final step in completing the CAVITEX C5 Link Expressway, enhancing our transportation infrastructure network for countless motorists and passengers.” He highlighted that the 1.2-kilometer CAVITEX-CALAX Link, starting from Kawit, Cavite, might be short, but its impact will be substantial. This direct connection to CALAX will help reduce traffic at the busy intersection of Tirona Highway and Centennial Road, improving connectivity from Kawit to the greater CALABARZON region.

Joining President Marcos were key figures including Manuel V. Pangilinan, MPTC Chairman, Rogelio Singson, President and CEO of Metro Pacific Tollways, and Raul L. Ignacio, President and General Manager of Cavitex Infrastructure Corporation.

Two Contractors: Beating the Deadline

Under a P3.3 billion contract, DMCI has pledged to meet the deadline for Segment 3B, the final part of the CAVITEX C5 Link. This six-lane, 2.0 km expressway connects CAVITEX at Paranaque in the West and C5 Road Taguig in the East, allowing motorists to travel from Cavite to Taguig City more efficiently.

Meanwhile, EEI is set to complete the 1.3-km dual 2-lane CAVITEX-CALAX Link Extension by August 2025. This project aims to boost commerce and industry in Cavite, Laguna, and Metro Manila.

“The President’s endorsement has become our marching orders to speed up construction so that both segments are ready for full operations by August 2025,” Ignacio emphasized.

Right-of-Way Acquisition

To clear the path for these projects, Ignacio has been working closely with his right-of-way (ROW) acquisition team. They’ve made significant progress using a combination of legal, financial, and communication strategies to address the needs of those affected by the projects.

Currently, the ROW status for Segment 3B of the C5 Link is at 70.60 percent, leaving just 29.4 percent to be completed. For the CAVITEX-CALAX Link, the ROW acquisition is ahead at 77.14 percent, with only 22.86 percent left to clear.

“With this new push from the President, we are confident we’ll meet our construction deadline – benefiting every motorist and passenger south of Metro Manila and beyond,” Ignacio concluded.

For more information, please contact [email protected].


Like it? Share with your friends!

0

What's Your Reaction?

hate
0
hate
confused
0
confused
fail
0
fail
fun
0
fun
geeky
0
geeky
love
0
love
lol
0
lol
omg
0
omg
win
0
win